edited by Steven Muhlberger
Behind the romance of chivalry is a great deal of history. Any survey of the facts runs the danger of turning into a history of the entire High and Late Middle Ages.
This section of the KCT Resource Library has a more modest aim: to provide links to the most interesting documents, historical accounts, and modern commentaries available either on this site or elsewhere on the Web.
A unique feature of KCT is the Deeds of Arms collection, which features a number of contemporary accounts of jousts, tournaments, and other faits d’armes of the fourteenth century. Where possible, both the original text and a modern English translation are provided.
- The institutions of knighthood and chivalry, and the question of “feudalism.”
- Historical tournaments, jousts, and deeds of arms and the Deeds of Arms collection.
- Arms, armor, and military equipment
- Historical battles and campaigns
- The literature of chivalry and romance
- General history sites for further research