Submissions for the Star Wars Movie Marathon Job have officially closed. Thanks to everyone who applied!
The Winners Are
Vader.My.Dad – https://firstname.lastname@example.org
Deepa Berar – https://www.youtube.com/deepaberar
Gilbert Sosa – https://www.instagram.com/gilbertsosa/
Joe Roche – https://www.facebook.com/Faithandfamilyfilms/
Restaurant Groupie – https://www.instagram.com/restaurantgroupie/
We will contact the winners shortly
Get Paid $1000 to Binge-Watch Star Wars in Chronological Order
Droids need not apply. We don’t serve their kind here.
Will the real Star Wars fans please rise?
Here at Education Reference Desk, we realize that most people could use a new hope right now, and we love Star Wars.
Most of the world is struggling with self-isolation and not having a normal routine–like we’re all living on Tatooine with nothing to do except fix our vaporators on our moisture farm. This is the way.
We realize that at this time, we can’t all head to Mos Eisley to stock up on goods nor the Jedi Academy to be with our friends.
So, in light of all that’s going on out there and in our homes, we’ve decided to pay up to five Jedi, Sith, or Wookie $1,000 each to watch every Star Wars movie and The Mandalorian series.
The right candidate will be chosen by the Jedi Council.
This is the Way…to get hired
The person we’re looking for is not only a Star Wars fan but also an active, outgoing social media personality who would be thrilled to live-tweet or live stream their Star Wars and Mandalorian movie marathon experience while tagging @edurefdesk and/or #edurefdesk.
The only requirements are that you are 18 years old or older, a citizen of the United States, and an active social media user.
If you’re hired, simply sit down in your favorite movie-watching location, watch the movies, grub, and post or live stream it on your social media platform. You will have four days to watch all 11 movies and the complete Mandolorian first season.
Once the Star Wars movie marathon, live-tweeting and live streaming, etc. are over, we’ll have you rank each movie and post it online.
What You’ll Be Watching
Are you strong enough with the Force to last over 30 hours of Star Wars?
The Chronological Movie Order
|Episode I: The Phantom Menace (1999)||136||2.27||$74.89|
|Episode II: Attack of the Clones (2002)||142||2.37||$78.19|
|Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (2005)||140||2.33||$77.09|
|Solo: A Star Wars Story (2018)||135||2.25||$74.34|
|Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (2016)||133||2.22||$73.24|
|Episode IV: A New Hope (1977)||121||2.02||$66.63|
|Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back (1980)||124||2.07||$68.28|
|Episode VI: The Return of the Jedi (1983)||131||2.18||$72.14|
|The Mandalorian (2019)||323||5.38||$177.86|
|Episode VII: The Force Awakens (2015)||138||2.30||$75.99|
|Episode VIII: The Last Jedi (2017)||152||2.53||$83.70|
|Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)||141||2.35||$77.64|
The Job and The Bounty
- $1000 to watch all 11 Star Wars movies and the complete first season of The Mandalorian.
- Roughly $33 per movie hour
- All work is done remotely and lasts about two days, although you are allowed up to four days to complete.
Star Wars Smuggler Kit
- one (1) Star Wars R2-D2 Mini Stir Popcorn Popper
- six (6) bags of popcorn kernels
- one (1) comfy Jay Franco Star Wars Millenium Falcon blanket
- one (1) Star Wars Tiki Tumbler
- one (1) $100 Grubhub gift card or a one-year subscription to Disney+.
We Have Spoken..have you?
Think you have what it takes? Apply using the form below.
May the Force be with you as you tell us what makes you the best candidate for this job.
Applications close on May 3rd, 2020 at 12pm MDT.
This Movie Marathon is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with The Walt Disney Company, Lucasfilm Ltd., or any of their affiliates. Star Wars™ and related trademarks are property of Lucasfilm Ltd.
- The promoter of this competition is EduRef.net whose principal office is located at 5174 W. Canyon Rose Cir., Herriman, UT, Utah 84096.
- Employees of EduRef.net or their family members or anyone else connected in any way with the competition or helping to set up the competition shall not be permitted to enter the competition.
- Persons must be at least 18 years old, or otherwise have reached the age of majority under the laws of the state where you reside, in order to participate.
- Only residents of the United States are eligible to participate.
- ULTIMATE DREAM JOB VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
- There is NO ENTRY FEE AND NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER THIS COMPETITION. Any purchase or consideration otherwise given by entrants will not improve one’s chances of winning.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are available via www.EduRef.net. Individuals may enter to win by clicking on the participation link on EduRef.net’s website. Upon clicking the participation link, entrants will be asked to provide their name and contact information so that EduRef.net can notify the winner of the results.
- Closing date for entry will be May 3, 2020 at 12pm MDT. After this date, no further entries to the competition will be permitted.
- EduRef.net shall select up to five (5) Recipients from the entire pool of eligible entries. Recipient(s) will be selected based on the quality of the application as judged by EduRef.net employees.
- The Recipient(s) will be notified by email and/or letter within 1 day at the closing date or May 4, 2020. If the Recipient(s) cannot be contacted, are not eligible, or do not claim the opportunity to participate in the Ultimate Dream Job within 10 days of notification, EduRef.net reserves the right to withdraw the offer from the Recipient(s) and pick a replacement Recipient(s).
- Recipient(s) acknowledge that participation in the Ultimate Dream Job will be as an independent contractor. No agency, partnership, joint venture, or employee-employer relationship is intended or created by the acceptance of the Ultimate Dream Job. Recipient(s) have no authority to bind EduRef.net to contracts, make any agreement or representations on EduRef.net’s written consent. Recipient(s) shall not be eligible to participate in any vacation, group medical or life insurance, disability, profit sharing, or retirement benefits, or any other fringe benefits or benefit plans offered by EduRef.net to its employees. EduRef.net is not responsible for withholding or paying any income, payroll, Social Security, or other federal, state, or local taxes, making any insurance contributions, including unemployment or disability, or obtaining worker’s compensation insurance on Recipient(s) behalf. Recipient(s) acknowledge that stipend is subject to all applicable taxes. Recipient(s) are solely responsible for all such taxes or contributions, including penalties and interest.
- The Ultimate Dream Job consists of watching all 11 Star Wars movies and the first season of The Mandalorian from start to finish via whatever platform you prefer. Recipient(s) must already have access to a streaming service and/or cable to complete challenge requirements. EduRef.net will notify the Recipient(s) how to complete the Challenge requirements.
- Prior to the start of the Ultimate Dream Job, the Recipient(s) will receive a welcome package mailed to the Recipient(s). Welcome package includes one (1) Star Wars R2-D2 Mini Stir Popcorn Popper, six (6) bags of popcorn kernels, (1) comfy Jay Franco Star Wars Millenium Falcon blanket, one (1) Star Wars Tiki Tumbler, and one (1) $100 Grubhub gift card or Disney+ for one year. The value of the Star Wars smuggler kit is approximately $180.00-$210.00 USD.
- The Ultimate Dream Job is conducted by EduRef.net and is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Grubhub Inc, or any of the properties listed above or their affiliates.
- Upon completion of the Ultimate Dream Job, Recipient(s) will receive a one-time payment of $1000.00 USD. Upon completion of the Ultimate Dream Job, funds shall be distributed no earlier than 30 days following Recipient notification.
- No cash alternative to the tv show-watching kit will be offered. Opportunity to participate in the Ultimate Dream Job is not transferable. EduRef.net reserves the right to substitute the movie-watching kit items with items of equivalent value without giving notice.
- Where legally required, the Recipient(s) name(s) will be available upon request 28 days after the closing date. To request the Recipient(s) names, please send the request in a stamped addressed envelope to the following address:
5174 W. Canyon Rose Cir.
Herriman, UT, Utah 84096
19. EduRef.net reserves the right to cancel or amend this Ultimate Dream Job and these Terms and Conditions without notice.
20. EduRef.net’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the Ultimate Dream Job will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
21. The Ultimate Dream Job and these Terms and Conditions will be governed by Utah law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Utah.
22. By submitting an application for this Ultimate Dream Job, applicants agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.