Gutterballs keeping you down! Do you want free money to get out of the gutter?
Each year millions of dollars are awarded to bowlers to further their education. If you don’t see the bowling scholarship you are looking for listed below, please check with the college or university you are attending to see if they offer bowling scholarships.
Also, look to community and state bowling associations in your area to see if they offer scholarship awards. You’d be surprised how many do.
Scholarships for Bowling from Organizations, Colleges and Universities
US Bowling Congress Scholarships
The US Bowling Congress is an organization that serves amateur adult and youth bowlers in the United States. They offer several scholarships for bowlers. The scholarships include:
- USBC Alberta E. Crowe Star of Tomorrow. This scholarship is for US or Canadian female high school senior or college students, who are under the age 22. They must have a bowling average of 175 or better. $1,500/year. Deadline October 1.
- USBC Chuck Hall Star of Tomorrow. This scholarship is for male high school or college students. $1,250/year. Deadline November 15.
- USBC Annual Zeb Scholarship. This scholarship is for students who are junior or senior in high school. $1,000. Deadline April 1.
- USBC Male and Female Youth Leaders of the Year. This scholarship is for students who are 18 years old or older. $1,500. Deadline January 15.
- USBC Gift for Life Scholarships. This scholarship is for students who are show financial need. They offer twelve $1,000 scholarships for grades 9-12. Two are reserved for children of fire/police/EMT personnel. Deadline April 1.
- USBC Earl Anthony Memorial Scholarships. This scholarship is for students who are high school seniors and college students. They offer five $5,000 scholarships. Deadline June 1.
- Billy Welu Scholarship. All college student. $1,000. Deadline May 31.
In addition, the SMART Program & Scholarships Web site lists more than $6 million in scholarships offered by bowling associations and councils, tournaments and proprietors.
Colleges/Universities Offering Bowling Scholarships
- Alabama A & M University
- Alabama State University
- Alcorn State University
- University of Arkansas-Pine Bluff
- Briarcliffe College
- Central Missouri State University
- Delaware State University
- Fairleigh Dickinson University
- University of Florida
- Florida A & M University
- Grambling State University
- Hampton University
- University of Houston
- Illinois State University
- Jackson State University
- University of Kansas
- Lindenwood University
- University of Maryland-Eastern Shore
- McKendree College
- Mississippi Valley State University
- Missouri Baptist University
- Newman University
- Morgan State University
- Univ. of Nebraska-Lincoln
- North Carolina A & T State University
- Penn State Berks/Lehigh
- Pikeville College
- Sacred Heart University
- Saginaw Valley State University
- Southern University
- Texas Southern University
- Vincennes University
- Weber State University
- West Texas A & M University
- Wichita State University
The following colleges offer bowling scholarships:
- (M) = Scholarships available to male students only
- (W) = Schools sponsoring NCAA varsity women’s bowling programs
Alabama A & M University – NCAA (W)
118 Teakwood Drive
Huntsville, AL 35801
Alabama State University – NCAA (W)
915 S. Jackson Street
Montgomery, AL 36104
Alcorn State University – NCAA (W)
1000 ASU Drive #510
Alcorn State, MS 39096
University of Arkansas-Pine Bluff – NCAA (W)
1200 N. University Drive
Pine Bluff, AR 71601
140 La Bonnie Vie Drive
Patchogue, NY 11772
Central Missouri State University – NCAA (W)
Central Missouri State Univ.
203 Multi Purpose Bldg.
Warrensburg, MO 64093
Delaware State University – NCAA (W)
1200 N. Dupont Highway
Dover, DE 19901
Fairleigh Dickinson University – NCAA (W)
1000 River Road
Teaneck, NJ 07666
University of Florida
G50 Reitz Union
P.O. Box 118505
Gainesville, FL 32611
Florida A & M University – NCAA (W)
Department of Athletics
Lua S. Bartley Bldg. Road 203
Tallahassee, FL 32307