The brain is a complex part of the human body. From one central nerve center, all of the functions are controlled from this one area. The brain is in a safe location and generally will not suffer any damage on day to day basis. However, if the body suffers a traumatic blow to the head, the effects of the blow can result in loss of functionality of the brain.
When the head receives a blow, the brain is moved from side to side, which can cause a brain injury, typically a concussion. These injuries can be caused by a number of activities including contact sporting events such as football, hockey and boxing, or even accidents where the head is hit with a hard force. Many times one blow to the head will cause damage, but if a person receives multiple blows to the head they run the risk of getting a Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI) which can cause long term effects on the person. To help educate people about TBI’s we are providing a number of helpful resources.
Traumatic Brain Injury
- Traumatic Brain Injury – information on what a TBI is and other helpful facts.
- Acquired Brain Injury – definition and useful information on brain injuries.
- TBI Statistics – information from the CDC on the number of Traumatic Brain Injuries.
- TBI Causes – breakdown of the causes for Traumatic Brain Injuries.
- Head Injury – information on head injuries and the leading cause of TBI’s.
- Brain Injury Causes – informative site listing information on what a TBI is and what causes it.
- Causes – brief information on the causes of TBI’s.
- Head Injuries – discussion of head injuries and the lingering effects it has on people.
- Brain Injury Symptoms – information on symptoms from brain injuries.
- TBI Effects – long term effects of Traumatic Brain Injuries are discussed in this article.
- TBI Treatment – treatment options are covered in this resource.
- Treatment – informative resource talking about treatment of brain injuries.
- Brain Injury Rehabilitation – information on cognitive rehabilitation for brain injuries.
- TBI Prevention – information on how brain injuries can be prevented.
- Treatment Info – information on TBI’s including treatment help available.
- Brain Injury Association – group dedicated to helping people cope with brain injuries.
- TBI Organizations – collection of organizations for Traumatic Brain Injury sufferers.
- TBI Organizations – useful listing of organizations to help TBI people.
- TBI Resource Center – portal of information on TBI’s.
- Organizations – TBI organization list offering help for patients.